Well, 2020 is upon us! And if you’re planning a wedding in Tasmania then relax, you’re in the right place!
We’ve given you a breakdown of our favourite vendors leading into this year, who were featured at our Expo at the end of 2019, and in the latest issue of Pure Bride magazine. You’ll find these guys over in our Directory, so check out their listings for more details…
The biggest influencing factor in planning a wedding is of course- where! These venues below do the hard work for you:
- If you’re looking for something close to Hobart, make sure to check out the Royal Yacht Club in Sandy Bay for some great wedding packages.
- If you’d like the city experience and the option of staying the night, then you can’t go past the Henry Jones Art Hotel on Hobart’s waterfront.
- Prefer to arrive by boat? Peppermint Bay in Woodbridge and MONA in Hobart’s northern suburbs offer a range of packages that include water-based transport for your guests or bridal party.
- Like the idea of getting out of the city? Barilla Bay is also the perfect distance from Hobart and of course is renown for their seafood.
- In the North of the state, we love Stonesthrow just out of Launceston, which has a picturesque rural backdrop.
- Alceme- facilitated by House of A Event Management. A gorgeous, pure space in the heart of Hobart.
- In Hobart, you’ll find Confetti Weddings stocking a range of exclusive labels such as Made with Love. Strutt Design also in Moonah has a great bridal suite (you’ll need to make an appointment) and also have started designing their own gowns! Both these stores offer a great alteration service as well.
- If you’re looking for a quick fix in Hobart then head along to Alterations Central on Harrington St for a quick turnaround service.
- ZIOLKOWSKI – Evening & Bridal Couture- Celyna has a wealth of experience designing gowns for international bridal labels- and she is now in Tasmania! How lucky are we!
- In Launceston, look no further than Little White, stocking labels such as Rosa Clara and Made with Love. Again, wise to book
- an appointment.
For the boys…
- We love these quirky shirts by Sophie Goodluck Designs- made to measure out of beautiful Tasmanian-designed fabric. Check out Buron Metal Depository for some beautiful handmade mens items- not just wedding bands but cufflinks and the works.
- Extra special details? Check out Burton Metal Depository, beautiful hand-made cufflinks and mens accessories made locally in Tassie.
Well, the details is where the fun begins! Where do we start? Here are a range of florists, stylists, co-ordinators that will help ease your planning stress.
- Coral & Teal- Ange will bring your florals to life in the most amazing ways!
- Style My Day- Nina from Style My Day will cover everything from table settings, to beautiful arbour set ups, and works all around Tasmania.
- Cabbages Flower Shop– based on Hobart’s Eastern Shore, head on in to see their beautiful store and wide variety of blooms
- Salters Hire– from bar ware to lounge seating, any extra details you need these guys hire it if you want to do it yourselves.
- Queen of Crowns- we love the unique crowns that Carena creates, and they even do DIY kits!
- Silver Belle Design– offer unique laser cutting signage and accessories to complement your day
- Doh a Dear– for stunning stationary and invitations
- Styled By Us- stylish set ups from hens days to large events and weddings
The one thing you can’t get married without is a celebrant! Some of our lovely featured celebrants include the following, be sure to check out their profiles on our directory to learn more about them…
- Rachel Calvert
- Fiona Jennison
- Julia Hern
- Merren Wilkinson (Cinta.Celebrate Love)
- Helen Stewart
- Tim Grimsey
Food & Drinks
if you’re not opting for a venue then these guys would provide a killer team…
- Waji catering- with their new mobile food truck, they can come to you and deliver a 5 star service.
- Events with Audrey– the cutest mobile caravan bar going around (and the best tasting cocktails too!)
- Barista Sista– get these guys to set up in the morning after- a must for the festival wedding!
- Looking for favours? Wild Valley Chocolates are the MOST delicious chocolates going around, and would make the perfect addition to any dessert bar or wedding favour.
Choosing whether to and how to capture your day is a lasting decision that you’ll be thanking yourselves for years to come. Here are some of our favourite up and coming and seasoned Tasmanian photographers and videographers.
- Wonderlust Films
- Edward Noel Photography
- Ebony Alyce Photographer
- Cam Blake Photography
- Tanya Challice
- Kym Burmester Photography
- Light and Type
- By the Wilde
- Lightnoise Films
Don’t forget about getting your photos printed- The Pro Print lab offer a professional printing service and are the experts in working with wedding photographers to bring your best pictures to life.
Dave West is who you need… from moving ceremony songs, relaxed canape’ covers, then starting the dance floor singing crowd favourites to a DJ set to finish out your night.
- Sophie McDermott – international experience, but based in Hobart!
- Liv Rooney Make up – we love Liv’s soft natural feminine vibes
- Don’t forget to look after yourself in the lead up… make sure to visit Lavada Cosmetic Clinic for some deep skin treatment, or get in touch with your local Arbonne consultant such as Danielle Seardon, for building your glow from the inside out.
- Kombi Krew– pick out a Kombi van for your bridal party to travel in style! These guys have an awesome collection of colourful, fun vans that will brighten your day.
- Grand Touring– limo and car hire around Tasmania, with a huge variety!
The Lead Up
These vendors may inspire you to think about the details you haven’t already thought of yet!
- Intimo with Sarah Hazell- get yourself properly fitted with Sarah, who has a range of bridal lingerie, you could even host a party with your bridesmaids!
- Boudoir Photography with Liv Rooney– this is a great experience not only to build a bit of self-love and confidence, but is an amazing reminder of this point in your life! Also could make a lovely wedding present for your partner!
- Laser Clinics Australia– head on into Laser Clinics to see what they can do for you in terms of laser hair removal- an excellent idea if you are honeymooning!
- Three Warriors– stock up on these gorgeous tanning products, toxin-free and earth-friendly!
Well, thats pretty much a wrap! Stay tuned to our socials for further details about our upcoming events and publications.